Sunday, October 16, 2011

Journal 6

a) "For sale: baby shoes, never worn."

            I was a spoiled girl who didn’t understand anything. Who couldn’t appreciate the small things in life. It’s a shame really, I would always ask my parents where my baby pictures were and they would just give me this look, of anguish and despair. I was ten then so they decided that I wasn’t ready to know until it was time. I’m 18 now and they finally decided to tell me. They first told me to sit down, and so I did. “We don’t really know how to say this sweetie,” dad said. “Just know we only did this to protect you and not to hurt you,” mom said. Eyebrows went up, I was so confused, finally dad said “we don’t have any pictures of you sweetie because you didn’t like any of the shoes we bought you. Again I was lost and in my mind all I can say was, “are these people serious?!?! I was furious and as calmly as I could get I asked my parents, “is this a joke because it’s not funny,” my mom then stepped in and said “no sweetie I know it sounds ridiculous, but it’s not, for some reason you would always kick off the shoes that you were and as such we thought it would be improper to take photos without the proper equipment. “You were a spoiled girl then, but you aren’t like that now, we didn’t want to encourage the wrong message to you and looked it worked,” my dad said. Arrrgh!! I stormed out of my house, I ran as far as my legs could take me, where to, who knows. I let the wind decide my path and where I was going. How could they??? Something as pity as that and they didn’t take pictures??? Finally I stopped and bent to my knees in defeat, looked up at the sky, no beyond that, to the bright stars and said it was like I was never born….

b) Your dime ain’t worth my time

c)  You killed me a good way

1 comment:

  1. Your backstory is interesting. I am having a tough time believing that her parents wouldn't take any pictures of her because she wasn't wearing her shoes.
    I do like the end....especially the last sentence.

    8/10
    10/10
    10/10

    ReplyDelete