Object: Pencil
Event: First Day of School
Lights was in the back of the car fiddling with her hands. Her mom was looking at the rear mirror. She could see Lights's face and and it looked unhappy and stressed. This stressed Lights's mom as well, but she did not show it for she knew her daughter was going through a challenge that every teenager goes through.
"She just needs that extra boost," Lights's mom said to herself.
"But what," Lights's mom thought long and hard and finally came with an answer.
"I got it!!" She burst out loud, shaking Lights from her thoughts.
"Are you okay mom, you gave me quite a scare there," Lights said to her mom.
"Yes, sweetie, I'm just fine, by the way Lights, I have something to give you."
"What is it, mother?" The street light turned red, giving Lights's mom time enough to go through her purse and pulled out a pencil.
"A pencil mom!! Really?" Lights snorted.
Lights's mom giggled, "instead of having an attitude, how about you take a closer look at that pencil there."
Lights realized the uniquness of the pencil. First off, it wasn't any ordinary pencil since it was all red and had the Canadian symbol on it. It also had a phrase engraved on the top of the pencil in French, it said, "never give up, I'll always be with you." That truly brought a smile to Lights face, Lights's mom realized that and said,
" Your grandmother gave that to me when she felt it was the right time, when she thought I was mature enough to appreciate it and when she thought I really needed it."
"Thanks mom, this means a lot," Lights said.
The car finally came to a complete stop.
"Are you ready, sweetie?'
"Ready as I'll ever be, mom," Lights then takes the pencil and clutches it in her hands, gets out the car and waved goodbye to her mom as she drove away.
No comments:
Post a Comment