I woke up from another dream about Henry. He was so beautiful. His crystal blue eyes pierced my heart from day one. However, I cannot compare myself to those other girls that always surround him. They're all so beautiful, but when I look at myself I feel like a muffin. Everybody sees me as a balloon that is about to burst any moment.
My phone rings, It's Laura.
"Hey girl, how you doin'?"
"You know the usual, dreaming about Henry"
"Can you wake up? If you want him then just tell him"
"Laura, have you seen me, I'm a cheeseburger!"
"Shut up, just go for it. It is about the heart and personality; you won't die by talking to him"
I sighed, I hung up immediately.
It was 1st period when I went to class, all I could do was stare at Henry and how good he looked in his varsity jacket, with his Levi skinny jeans and Jordans. I wanted to talk to him so badly.
The bell rang, and he was putting his books in his bag. At that moment, I knew it was my chance.
"H-hi-hi Henry, you want some cheese?"
"Umm, no thanks Lucy", he said. I knew it, he didn't want me.
I kept thinking of what Laura said as the day passes by me. If you want him then tell him. I felt confident enough. So when I finally saw him after school by the lockers, I knew this was my chance and I wasn’t missing it.
"Hi Henry, can I ask you something"
"No, I don't want cheese", he said backing away from me. "No... not that, prom's coming? Do.... you like, want to go with me?"
"Um, no Lucy, I'm not going to prom, sorry", Henry walked away awkwardly.
I ran home, I cried. I didn’t think rejection could hurt this much. Henry obviously thought I was a weirdo, But then again, I remembered what Laura said, “though it hurts, it won't kill me. I unfortunately won’t be going to prom with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment